An addendum to a lease contract is a legal document that outlines any changes, additions, or modifications made to an existing lease agreement. The purpose of this document is to ensure that both the landlord and the tenant are clear on the revised terms of the lease and that these changes are officially recorded.
If you find yourself in a situation where you need to draft an addendum to a lease contract, it`s important to ensure that you have a solid understanding of the relevant laws and regulations. Additionally, you`ll want to ensure that your document is clear, concise, and free of errors or ambiguities. Here is a sample of an addendum contract of lease that you can use for guidance.
Addendum Contract of Lease Sample
This Addendum Contract of Lease (“Addendum”) is made and entered into by and between [Landlord`s Name] (“Landlord”) and [Tenant`s Name] (“Tenant”). This Addendum is executed as of [Date of Execution].
This Addendum serves to amend the agreement between the Landlord and Tenant dated [Date of Initial Lease Agreement]. The parties agree to the following amendments to the Lease Agreement:
1. Additional Occupant: Tenant shall be allowed to add a new occupant to the leased premises. The new occupant shall be subject to all terms and conditions of the original lease.
2. Rent Increase: Beginning on [Date of Rent Increase], the monthly rent amount shall be increased by [Amount of Rent Increase]. The new monthly rent amount shall be [New Monthly Rent Amount].
3. Pets: Tenant shall be allowed to have one cat or dog on the leased premises, subject to the following conditions:
a. Tenant shall pay a non-refundable pet deposit of [Amount of Pet Deposit];
b. Tenant shall keep the pet in the leased premises and shall not allow the pet to disturb the peace and quiet of other occupants of the building;
c. Tenant shall be responsible for any damage the pet causes to the leased premises or any part of the building.
4. Termination: The original Lease Agreement shall remain in full force and effect except as amended by this Addendum. This Addendum shall terminate on the date specified in the original Lease Agreement.
5. Entire Agreement: This Addendum constitutes the entire agreement between the Landlord and the Tenant, and supersedes any prior agreements or understandings, whether written or oral.
6. Governing Law: This Addendum shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the state in which the leased premises is located.
In witness whereof, the parties have executed this Addendum as of the date first above written.
[Signature of Landlord]
[Printed Name of Landlord]
[Signature of Tenant]
[Printed Name of Tenant]
In conclusion, writing an addendum contract of lease can be a daunting task, but using a sample like the one above can help you make sure you cover all the necessary information. Remember, clear and concise language is key, as is ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. With this sample, you`re off to a great start!